« Home | Farewell to Ambassador Watch? » | The Ten Commandments are good but... » | Why I no longer believe in the God Family doctrine... » | THE CHURCHES OF GOD IN 2050 » | GAVIN RUMNEY SOLVES THE QUESTION: WHO IS RIGHT? ED... » | HOW TO SAVE GANDHI » | HERE IS A GREAT PLACE TO FELLOWSHIP ON SUNDAY » | IF YOU ARE STILL IN ARMSTRONGISM READ THIS... » | DR. GARR AND THE JEWISH ROOTS OF CHRISTIANITY » | WELCOME! »

Yep. AW no more but there is alternatives

First and foremost, Happy New Year to all!!!
Gavin Rumney has confirmed on the Painful Truth message board that Ambassdor Watch is no more and more importantly, that it was his own decision not some fanatic from the splinters who is threatening legal action. As Gavin said that the project was becoming time consuming and he wants to smell the roses so to say. I am still mad that it was a complete shut down of the site and I believe he could have saved it for people who wanted to reference and research various topic issues on the WCG and the splinters during the decade of the 00's.
What's done is done and as I have said to Gavin, "Good night and good luck." Thankfully, he has confirmed that we will not have seen the last of him but we will see him in very small doses. Gavin, if you are out there, you are more than welcome to comment on my blog or even yet, if you have an article or essay that you feel that should be published on the internet, do not hesitate for a moment in approaching me. I would love to publish it on this blog ANYTIME!
Who is out there to make the Worldwide Church of God and her splinters accountable?
Well for starters the Painful Truth website still remains. Mainly run by agnostics, atheists and deists (and trust me they don't bite, except if you are a rabid fundamentalist), it is a pretty good source of reference and research. The website is at http://www.herbertwarmstrong.com/pain.htm .
I think Gary Scott in due time be the heir of Gavin Rumney in the sense of keeping us up-to-date on all the splinters through blog commentary. As an atheist, he has an eclectic mix of people to support him with their own views. They include Jared Oled, who is now a practicing Roman Catholic (who is definately in the school of Pope Benedict VI), Dennis Diehl an ex-WCG minister who leans toward somewhat to New Age/Eastern religion, Kenneth G. Turner an Armstrongist refusnik who suffered enough in David Pack's cult and who is speaking out, ex-WCG member Kathleen Kakacek, Doug Ward who's interested in the Hebrew roots movement and myself, Felix Taylor who is emerging to be a post-evangelical Christian (but by no means beyond the gospel message). It's called XCG and we are at http://xcg.kingary.net/ .
I used to frequent The Journal by in my religious journey, I have progressed and evolved in my theological views, so my interest in them have waned. Some might like it because it discusses issues in the splinters through the eyes of the ministers and members of the splinters themselves. You can go there at http://www.thejournal.org/ .
A young lady who grew up in the historic WCG tells her experiences at Legacy of the Worldwide Church of God athttp://churchofgodlegacy.blogspot.com/ . It is a good site, I hope she updates it very soon and I think she needs all the support in the world to make her site a successful one. I believe this site has potential!
Or you might like to hear my commentaries on my religious experience with God after my 27 year long association with the Worldwide Church of God. As I have mentioned that I have been emerging to become a post-evangelical Christian and I had discovered this trend in myself for about a year and a half. There is a comparison of Evangelical, Post-Evangelical and Post Christian on this site http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8392/post.html and most of my positions have leaned to the post-evangelical camp. I, also like Doug Ward share a keen interest in the Hebraic heritage of the Christian faith and I will give my 2 cents about my impatience and contempt with fundamentalist religion whether it is from the cults like Armstrongism or orthodox Christianity (e.g. Jerry Fallwell or Pat Robertson). I am hoping I can diligently co-ordinate my time and effort to write a little more articles for XCG and here. I wish all will be properly informed and become better thinkers for 2006! Enjoy your surfing!

Links