« Home | Back to the drawing board for WCG » | As the question goes... » | A Poem with Insight! » | An idea for Penn and Teller, Just an idea... » | Still NOT convinced where the One True Church is? ... » | Anyone still searching for the One True Church, De... » | And to a salute of another kind... » | Another salute to WCG's "good guys" » | Congratulations to Gary Moore » | Thoughts on yesterday's post »

Want to quit a Church of God cult? Here's help!

Thanks to Douglas Becker, he has an empowering way of leaving ANY Church of God splinter with a resignation letter. Here's what Doug has got!


In striving to provide full service to our visitors, we present this resignation letter for those who are seeking to leave their cult.

Your name
Your current address
City, State
zip-code

Todays date

(Your cult Name)
Your cult's address City,
State zip-code

To whom it may concern,

This letter is my formal resignation from the (your former cult) and it is effective immediately. I hereby withdraw my consent to being treated as a member and I withdraw my consent to being subject to organization rules, policies, beliefs and 'discipline'. As I am no longer a member, I want my name permanently and completely removed from the membership rolls of your organization and all mailing lists.
I have given this matter considerable thought. I understand what you consider the 'seriousness' and the 'consequences' of my actions. I am aware that your organization says that my resignation is to 'leave the body' and 'to fall away', forfeiting my 'salvation'.
My resignation should be processed immediately. I am not going to be dissuaded nor will I change my mind.

I expect this matter to be handled promptly, with respect and with full confidentiality.

After today, the only contact I want from your organization is a single letter of confirmation to let me know that I am no longer listed as a member of your organization.

(add any comments or reasons here)

Sincerely,

Your name.
Anybody want to be free from the bondage and evil of Armstrongism, this is a good step. The original template is on this site at http://cultabuse.com/Resignation.html . Good luck in the first step leaving a wicked religion.

Something I didn't realize I had--that's still there, and not taken down by some frothy mouthed cultist. Websites have been disappearing over the last few months because of a cultmeister calling up web hosts and convincing them to take down the website he doesn't like.

If you really want to see what the fuss is about from the Church Corporate, you may take a look at http://cultpsycho.org/ or not, as the Spirit leads you, for as long as it stays up.

Keep loving the righteous and fighting the wicked Douglas!

Post a Comment

Links