« Home | Yep. AW no more but there is alternatives » | Farewell to Ambassador Watch? » | The Ten Commandments are good but... » | Why I no longer believe in the God Family doctrine... » | THE CHURCHES OF GOD IN 2050 » | GAVIN RUMNEY SOLVES THE QUESTION: WHO IS RIGHT? ED... » | HOW TO SAVE GANDHI » | HERE IS A GREAT PLACE TO FELLOWSHIP ON SUNDAY » | IF YOU ARE STILL IN ARMSTRONGISM READ THIS... » | DR. GARR AND THE JEWISH ROOTS OF CHRISTIANITY »

One more alternative to AW



I should have mentioned this man in my previous post but I forgot. He has been mentioned here before but I think it is worth a second time repeating. Harlan Simantel, was a WCG member in the decade of the 1970's (1974 to 79 to be exact) and was politely kicked out by his then-pastor, the late Dean Wilson for believing that there was "other Christians in other churches". Harlan is what I would call a liberal evangelical because most his causes and beliefs are left of centre but as a centrist-conservative post-evangelical, I think his stuff is still worthwhile and makes you think. He has told me repeatedly not everyone is kind to his alternative viewpoints and actually there is some opinions that he has that I divert from. If you are tired of the social Darwinist libertarian and puritannical fantasies espoused from the religious right, this website is for you. His website is called The Lord is Near at http://www.angelfire.com/or2/thelordisnear/index.html . Enjoy!

Links