« Home | Special treat from the CBC on the Bible Belt » | Another hell-raising liberal evangelical on the rise! » | Here's a NEW one! » | The smooth Stephen Flurry makes his mark » | Extremely HIGHLY intelligent quotes of the day » | You think Armstrongism was a weird religion, try M... » | Another controversial video » | Intelligent quotes of the day from Byker Bob! » | Intelligent quote of the day » | S.E.P. wasn't like this when I was there »

Intelligent quote of the day: Pasedena Guy 10 Strikes Again!!!



Humans are not like animals in that we have a 'soul'. I do not believe that any stillborn or aborted fetus is going to be punished for something they did not do. Armstrongism, like many evangelicals , can't stand the fact that their 'god' may be more merciful than they give him credit for. They have a need to buy into the Calvinist mindset that all are depraved and worthless pieces of cr@p and will NEVER be able to make God love them enough to save them.I also feel that a person that has committed suicide is not punished again for his /her deed. To me God embraces them with the biggest hug they will ever get and tells them that everything is OK now. Armstrongites and evangelicals want their 'god' to stand there before the person and tell them that they are a disgusting sinner that broke one of the ten commandments and there for is @#%$ to the lake of fire for murder. What idiocy!And then to read the comment from that guy where he states that he heard Armstrogites speculating that because a child has never kept the holy days of Herbie then they are @#%$ because they have not proven themselves. More idiocy!
---Pasedena Guy 10's passionate and no nonsense rebuke of those in the extremist splinters of Armstrongism belief in the eternal destiny of the death of the unborn on the Worldwide Church of Alumni message board forum

Reading your take on the after life is interesting. Were you once Catholic? I have been in what I call “God’s Church” for over 40 years. I’ve also been sober for the last 30 years. I have never perceived God as a bully or unforgiving within the paradigm I’ve lived. Part of that paradigm is man is a screw-up. Some more so than others, but bottom line we all fall short of God’s standards. Hence, God’s sacrifice of Christ so we have a way to be made right. You sound like a Baptist friend of mine who figures if you’ve been ”witnessed to” but don’t accept Jesus you are going to hell. I told him I was glad my God wasn’t like that. You see, when you come up in the resurrection and stand before God – well - it will be like when I got sober – you admit you are powerless over the sin in you life and that your life is unmanageable and then come to believe that God who is greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity and then make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God. That’s called repentance. Then begins the healing process. Of course I know this will not change you views in this life but maybe latter. Janet

I was baptized as a Catholic---when I was a baby but for most of my life, I was associated with the WCG!

((You sound like a Baptist friend of mine who figures if you’ve been ”witnessed to” but don’t accept Jesus you are going to hell. I told him I was glad my God wasn’t like that.))

Janet, I never believed that nor did I suggest that. I do believe in a righteous provision for the unevangelized dead but I do believe those who want to remain in their sins will be seperated from the love of God for eternity.

Post a Comment

Links