« Home | The Three Worst Errors of Armstrongism » | Intelligent quote of the day: Pasedena Guy 10 Stri... » | Special treat from the CBC on the Bible Belt » | Another hell-raising liberal evangelical on the rise! » | Here's a NEW one! » | The smooth Stephen Flurry makes his mark » | Extremely HIGHLY intelligent quotes of the day » | You think Armstrongism was a weird religion, try M... » | Another controversial video » | Intelligent quotes of the day from Byker Bob! »

The Wisdom of Hannah

I am delighted and pleased that many were delighted themselves of an article on the internet I spreaded around. It was the Greek Orthodox view on Heaven and Hell. While the article had many fine points, my main impression that the Greek Orthodox view on the afterlife for believer and non-believer alike puts a very humane face of God Almighty. That He is truly a "nice guy" than the Armstrongites and the rest of the fundamentalists (and sadly some evangelicals) make him out to be. Read and enjoy this essay at http://aggreen.net/beliefs/heaven_hell.html . The people at the message board at Worldwide Church of God Alumni like BykerBob, Stingerski and others enjoyed it! Below here is the response from a person on the same message board, named Hannah (but it's not Anne Hana as I was told) who intelligently gives here cents. Everyone else, enjoy!
----Felix

Felix, thanks for the link
There are some things in the link I question, but most of it has served to explain what I have not been able to put in words myself.For me, “Shechinah glory” explains God as the divine spirit, of energy, power, and might that embodies love and mercy.In case any one reads this, I hesitated to enter this thread. I’m not doing it to condemn or defend any ones point ofview.Certain situations in my life has compelled me to give a viewpoint of God I find missing in some posts I’ve read.
The God I have experienced during these unpredictable changes in my life is a patient, merciful, concerned, kind and loving Father who I am learning about more and more.Even as I write this, I am aware that my knowledge of God and why mankind is here on earth must grow in understanding. Mankind has a tendency to look upon God and His attributes and analogue them with what we only understand in this physical world.But that limits the full embodiment of this mighty, glorious Being.How can a mere physical person comprehend God's “Shechinah glory” ?
We have the knowledge and teaching of Jesus Christ to look to.He said when we see Him we see the Father.Yes, Christ did get angry at the Pharisee’s and threw over the money changers table in the temple and with good reason.But the whole context of His message was of love and forgiveness.“ Come unto me ye that are heavy leaden and I will give you rest ““ Father forgive them for they know not what they do”I’ve only encountered a loving, patient, kind and merciful Creator, who has allowed my exploration and knowledge of Him to unfold at a pace that is programmed for me to deal with.
Sometimes I go off the program when I allow the cares of life to overpower me. But this wonderful Heavenly Father has not let me down, even when I’ve faltered.It grieves me when I read someone posting a picture of a vengeful, angry God who is ready to torment someone for eternity.That’s not the loving Father I’ve come to know.Not being a scholar I will have to quote from the link

Quote:

This Energy is the "consuming fire", the Shechinah glory, the fire that burns gold to purify it, as St. Paul writes. It is the fire that burns the weeds left in the field, the fire that burns the pruned branches, it is the lake of divine fire, and the thirst and burning thattorments the Rich Man, is this same Uncreated Energy. Yet, the same fire that torments the impure gives warmth and comfort to the pure of heart.This is the Transforming Light that "makes all things new". Salvation is, in fact, this Energy, assimilating us to God, "divinizing" the believers, making us "Christ-like", through the Energization of the Power of God. When we are in perfect harmony with God, the HolySpirit energizes within us, and we too radiate this Uncreated Light.

Links