« Home | Oh, I couldn't resist... » | Bill Maher believes Mormonism is bad for you! » | Armstrongists are not of the hook, neither are the... » | Good article on theonomic religions » | ..and also tithing pays off for Toronto-based Pent... » | Struggle against cults continues... » | Wise words from an Armstrongist Refusnik (FYI Agai... » | Intelligent quote of the day from Gavin » | Doesn't this seem all too familiar??? » | A comparison and contrast of a COG7 and ACOG chur... »

Wise Words from FYI Again

Quote:
I find myself wondering if we will soon see big numbers of people either leaving the ACOGs or going independent.

Many of these groups are in the process of imploding. LCG in particular is vulnerable because it's an absolute monarchy with Rod Meredith in complete control just as HWA was. He is old and in poor health and when he dies or becomes incapacitated the whole thing is going to shatter. It may happen sooner. With LCG in the process of squandering big bucks on a doomed "Living University" - while at the same time they're losing members hand over foot to fundamentalist groups like RCG and PCG - they are headed for a train wreck.I put UCG's proposed move in a similar category. They aren't losing members the way LCG is - in fact some LCG members are moving to UCG. But they're still looking at a big expense. This move is risky for them, and there's little (if any) benefit to it. At least LCG's move to Charlotte, NC a few years ago made sense financially - it was a much cheaper area to operate from than San Diego.Then we have our favorite 21st Century Apostle, Dave Pack planning to build a shiny new HQ - only 1 year after completion of the "upfit" (as he called it when requesting "special offerings" to pay for it) of their existing (and *very* nice) HQ facilities. He's already squeezed his tiny flock dry and now he's going to do it again. I feel really bad for my friends in that gulag. It reminds me of tiny, impoverished nations who get saddled with some nutjob dictator who squanders what little resources they have to build grand monuments to himself.I see a major crisis ahead for most of the ACOG's. And as you say, many will either leave them altogether or go independent.Once the calls for "Special Offerings" start coming in, people will remember HWA and his golden albatross "House for God" - and they will bail out, leaving these unconscionable ba$tards stewing in their own juices. I'd say Dave Pack better get on the stick training those Two Nitwitses before the jig is up.
FYI Again gives his two cents on the future of the Church of God splinters regarding the United Church of God's proposed headquarter move from Cinncinati, Ohio to Dallas, Texas on the WCG Alumni message board

Labels: ,

Hey Felix,

When you have a spare moment, please send me an e-mail. I'd rather not post my e-mail address publicly, but if you click on my name at Alumni (you should see it as a hyperlink) my ezboard profile contains my e-mail address.

There's some things I'd like to discuss with you, but not on a blog or public forum.

Cheers,

FYI Again

Post a Comment

Links