« Home | Do you still think I am too tough on Joe Jr.??? » | Anne vs. Joe Jr. » | Another boy back in town! Hurrah!!! » | Bad news for Armstrongites, the third coming of th... » | Patricia's choice » | The high price of freedom from intellectualism in ... » | Advice for the Painful Truth crisis » | Death of a splinter leader » | One of WCG's good guys takes a bride! » | Where I stand theologically »

Intelligent quote of the ages



"Oh, I certainly do take issue with it, and I think it's untrue and I think it's unnatural. It's an unnatural attitude to take. How do they know? I mean, after all, they're celibates. They don't know love, they don't know marriage, they know nothing about bringing up children nor any of the marriage problems of life, and yet they speak to people as if they were God."

---Margaret Sanger (1879-1966) American birth control activist replying to CBS journalist Mike Wallace about the Roman Catholic Church's longtime hardline stance against contraception.

In truth and in all fairness, you are right. I have only heard Mike Wallace's version of her in his book/video "Just Between You and Me". Jared Olar was telling me bit of her dirty laundry already. The question is: did she change and progress her views as the years went along or did she have the same views until her death in 1966? If she did not recant, I think some form of correction on this blog is in order. Thanks for helping me continue to think Jordan.

Post a Comment

Links